“I’m not sexist, but—”
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s get to the actual thinking. I always saw the ME2 love interests as roughly analogous; Jacob and Miranda for normal people, Garrus and Tali for the awkward xenophiles, Thane and Jack for those who like hint of tragedy to their love. There’s a thing in ME2, perhaps a cut or dropped plotline, that I always felt highlighted this especially. I can’t remember exactly where it is—either the description for Jack’s biotic upgrade or the post-recruitment/loyalty mission report—there’s a mention that Jack is suffering from rapid neural degeneration as a result of her modifications. Exactly what this means is never elaborated upon, but I always took it to mean that Jack, like Thane, would have a limited amount of time with you.
Now, imagine if they’d run with that.
Mass Effect 3, and you find Jack in the hospital. She’s dying, but she’s not unhappy about it. In fact, she tells you she finds the inevitability and lack of pressure peaceful. Later, Cerberus attacks, and she’s killed by the Illusive Man’s latest pet project while saving the life of a councilor, doing Kaidan/Ashley’s job for them. She is never mentioned again, and the Normandy crew members talk about how glad they are that nobody died.
And the female fans—they love it! They talk about how badass her last fight was and how she finally redeemed herself and how it was coming full circle for her character that she died defending a councilor. And whenever you try to argue against any of that people tell you you’re just mad because she’s your waifu and you’re a dumbass for liking the damaged girl in the first place.
Welcome to Thane.
I’d like to add to the wonderous commetary above me. Imagine Miranda confesses that she’s fallen in love with you and no matter what happens on the mission all she wants is to spend time with you. You both survive he mission and you go to talk to her. You ask her how she is and she kisses you passionately. “Words can’t describe it.” You know in her dossier that she has little to no chance to get pregnant and have her own children, but you never talk about it.
Fast forward to ME3 and She’s helping people defect from Cerberus, the head of the group is Dr. Bryce Cole. You talk to Miranda and ask her why she’s not fighting and it’s because she’s pregnant. You ask her if it’s yours and she says “No it’s Bryce’s we’re together.” You ask her what happened and she goes “You didn’t expect me to wait for you, did you?” After she spent two years waiting for you to be revived from the dead and KNEW you were in Alliance custody and had away to reenlist in said Alliance to be near you in some fashion. Instead of being angry with you, you awkwardly try to have creepy sex in the medbay with her, she declines. You go talk to bryce and ask about him and Miranda and he tells you He kne she was dating you and pursued Miranda anyway and He, not you, is best for Miranda because he actually got her pregnant. The best you can say to him? “I don’t want to talk about it anymore.”
Yous ave them and Miranda’s in the hospital at huerta beause the baby is due in a few onths and she tells you Bryce wants to name the baby after you, the man he stole Miranda from.
Welcome to Jacob.
Thankyou, thankyou, THANKYOU.
Reblogging for so much truth. What I wouldn’t have given for a more viable romance with Thane bb.
- collectionofswords reblogged this from kittenteef
- littlemisscodeless likes this
- sootnose reblogged this from cosmicbitchiness
- cosmicbitchiness reblogged this from savethane
- givemeyourcontroller likes this
- australian-red-cedar likes this
- crazyjayblue likes this
- katandadrieninatree reblogged this from agoddamn
- katandadrieninatree likes this
- decertatio reblogged this from cptprocrastination
- decertatio likes this
- shankyourjory likes this
- auntymana reblogged this from cptprocrastination
- misery-dick likes this
- cptprocrastination reblogged this from lightsaurora
- lightsaurora reblogged this from lightsaurora
- mallowandberry reblogged this from toastheaven
- coffeeandbiotics reblogged this from queendread
- reubelyn reblogged this from mariahgem and added:
- reubelyn likes this
- zenatness likes this
- authenticsouthern reblogged this from ginasedai
- xeyska reblogged this from mariahgem
- xeyska likes this
- serenade22 reblogged this from mariahgem
- serenade22 likes this
- tedsblogemporium reblogged this from kittensaurusrex
- tedsblogemporium likes this
- pimpinoctopus reblogged this from savethane
- pyrosmile reblogged this from sidnnay
- pyrosmile likes this
- angyem likes this
- smallglassworlds reblogged this from lyriumpomegranates and added:
- randomminer reblogged this from victricia-laureata
- astroshad likes this
- eyeballmonster reblogged this from victricia-laureata
- eyeballmonster likes this
- crogamer002 reblogged this from lightsaurora
- crogamer002 likes this
- inneedofmuses reblogged this from clockworktardis
- fleatehgreat reblogged this from subterraneanbunnypig
- abillavasnaughtehkarian likes this
- quantumsiren likes this
- tumblchorraden likes this
- victricia-laureata reblogged this from tumblchorraden and added:
- lyriumpomegranates reblogged this from tumblchorraden
- tumblchorraden reblogged this from tyvian and added:
- abillavasnaughtehkarian reblogged this from spacefrostbite
- spacefrostbite reblogged this from turianfetish
- spacefrostbite likes this